A garden definitely brings a lot of joy and beauty to a home. In fact, studies have shown that a garden helps reduce stress levels, especially in children. This is because it gives off the feeling of calmness and peace.
However, for those living in urban areas and small spaces, growing a garden can be extremely difficult. Fortunately, there are ways to go around it.
We offer the possibility of creating your own mobile garden. No matter the size of your home, or the size of the space that you have, we can help you create a mobile garden that will be the source of zen for you and your family. In fact, you can choose to have a small patch created in your kitchen, garden or even your glass garage door in Las Vegas.
The great thing about mobile gardens is the fact that you can move it from place to place. They are usually mounted on trolleys or wheelbarrows. They can even be placed beside walls or fences to enable the plants to climb upwards and become vertical gardens.
There are various benefits to growing your very own vertical gardens and here are just some of those:
- Your mobile garden can serve as added insulation. They can shield parts of your home from the direct rays of the sun and keep your garage door cool especially during the summer months.
- You can use your mobile garden to beautify unsightly part of your home such as that tall post that you never liked or that peeling paint on the side of your house.
- Your mobile garden can be used to grow the spices that you need for your cooking or even your favorite fruits.
- Pottering around your mobile garden can serve as a form of recreation for you and your family members.
- A mobile garden can serve as an interesting conversation piece with your guests and neighbors.
- Old and plastic materials can be repurposed in your mobile garden. For example, you can create your mobile garden from an old wheelbarrow or plants can be grown from old soda bottles.
Creating your own mobile garden
Planning is the first step in creating a mobile garden. Before buying any plants or thinking about where to put it or what kind of materials to use, it is important to determine what kind of plants you would like to grow. There are three main types of mobile gardens:
There is currently a new trend in mobile gardening that is taking the world by storm. This is referred to as bicycle gardening. And people are going crazy using old bicycles or bicycle tires to adapt to this trend.
Here are just some wonderful examples of this new trend that combines the recycling of old bikes and bike parts with the joy of gardening:
- Using the bicycle carrier box as a planter
Does your old bicycle have a carrier box at the front? You can use that as a planter. Simply check out its current condition. If it is still in a good condition, you simply have to line it up with scrap wood or an aluminum sheet, fill it up with soil and determine what kind of plants you’d like to plant in it.
- Creating a plant Mohawk
You can use your current bike as a planter and look really cool. Simply arm yourself with some cheesecloth, socks or burlap that you can attach to different parts of your bike such as the wheel. Just wrap these stuff on your bike, add pre-sprouted seeds such as grasses, wheat and barley. Then cover them up with another layer of cloth anchored with pins. As long as you keep the cloth wet, they will keep growing and you’ll find yourself having a bike Mohawk, upping up your ride’s cool factor.
- Creating a topiary bike
Do you have a bike that is currently not being used? If yes, you can transform it into a topiary bike to serve as a sort of installation in your garden or even your front yard. This is very easy to do. Simply wrap your bike with moss and plant short bulbs on it.
Are you now ready to create your own mobile bike garden? If you need any assistance, just contact us at Mobile Garden.